With Siege of the Atlas and 3.17 content update, PoE favored map system has been revamped together with the atlas. In this article, I am going to give a few recommendations on the best maps to favorite based on their layout and drops.
What is favoured map system?
In short, it’s way for players to set maps as favourites, increasing their drop rate from monsters.
How many favorite maps can you set?
There are 12 slots, so you can set 12 maps as favoured.
Can you set the same map as favourite multiple times?
Yes, you can even set one map as favourite in all 12 slots.
How much more often will favourite maps drop?
Each favoured map slot boosts the map’s drop rate 10 times. For example, if you choose Beach map in 6 of your favoured map slots, this map will drop 60 times more often.
How to unlock favourite map slots?
They can be unlocked by completing various objectives on the Atlas, for example, completing tier 16 map, defeating an Elder Guardian, etc.
Which maps to set as favourites in 3.18?
Here I will list maps that I personally like to run due to their layout or divination card drops. Linear maps are better if you want to quickly breeze through the maps. Open layout maps shine when you want to farm things like Breach or Legion.
- Beach Map (Linear Layout)
- Burial Chambers Map (Linear Layout, Divination card drops)
- Cemetery Map (Open Layout, Divination card drops)
- Tower Map (Linear Layout, Divination card drops)
- Shore Map (Open Layout)
- Promenade Map (Linear Layout)
- Atoll Map (Linear Layout)
- Arid Lake Map (Open Layout)
- Jungle Valley Map (Linear/Open Layout)
- Canyon Map (Linear/Open Layout)
- Dunes Map (Open Layout)
- Ashen Wood Map (Open Layout)
- Iceberg Map (Linear Layout)
- Graveyard Map (Open Layout, Divination card drops)
- Lookout Map (Linear Layout)
- Port Map (Linear Layout)
- Crimson Temple Map (Divination card drops – need at least 1 Voidstone socketed to apply)