It’s been a week since Scourge league launched and many of you are probably interested in how to spot scourge bosses in maps and what are the best ways to find them. Below, I will briefly talk about a few indicators you can see in maps that tell you if a scourge boss is present.
How many scourge bosses are there?
Currently, there are 3 scourge bosses in the game:
- K’tash, the Hate Shepherd
- Ghorr, the Grasping Maw
- Beidat, Archangel of Death
You will not see them while you are leveling – they start spawning only when you reach endgame maps. The boss fights can be really dangerous and have one-shot mechanics, so you have to keep an eye out for leaps and powerful skill channeling. Moving around when fighting them is also key – avoid staying in the same place for longer periods of time.
How do I spot and find the scourge bosses? What are the indicators that the map contains a scourge boss?
If your map has a Scourge boss in it, there’s a way to tell. Each boss has its own indicator that can be seen when you shift into the nightmare.
- K’tash, the Hate Shepherd – The Indicator is small meteors occasionally falling from the sky (Hard to notice). – Can be seen in this video, 0:02s, left top quadrant of the screen.
- Ghorr, the Grasping Maw – The Indicator is purple blobs that explode with delay if you walk over them (Very easy to notice). Can be seen throughout this video.
- Beidat, Archangel of Death – The Indicator is yellow lightning strikes from the sky (Easy to notice). Can be seen in this video, 0:11-0:12 s, left top quadrant of the screen.
What to do if you notice the boss indicator?
When you first notice one of the aforementioned indicators that the boss is present on the map, to find the boss, you have to start revealing as much of the map in the nightmare as possible. In the scourge nightmare, the bosses can be spotted by the icons on the map. So steps that I would take to find a boss:
- Step 1: Upon spotting the indicator, start trying to reveal as much of the map as possible, until the timer runs out.
- Step 2: When out of the nightmare, fill out the scourge bar to the maximum.
- Step 3: Run towards the place of the map where you haven’t revealed anything in the nightmare yet.
- Step 4: Shift into the nightmare and run to reveal as much of the map as possible, before the bar runs out. You should also ignore regular scourge monsters if you can and just focus on covering as much ground as possible.
- Step 5: Before the timer runs out in the nightmare, take a note of the last place you were before you shifted out.
- Step 6: Again, fill up the bar while killing regular monsters, run to the place where you shifted out in step 4, shift into the nightmare, and continue revealing the map.
- Step 7: Repeat the process until you find the Scourge boss by its icon in the minimap and kill it.