Intro & build description
If you want a reliable league starter, you can’t go wrong with totems. Storm burst totem has not been one of the most popular builds around, however, it is an excellent build to try if you like lightning theme and enjoy running sanctums in particular. This is not a facetank build, similar to most totem-based hierophants, but it still has decent life pool + inherent safety of a totem build.
For Wildwood Ascendancy, Wildwood Primalist is a safe and flexible choice.
- Excellent league starter - does not need expensive uniques to get into mapping
- An amazing sanctum farmer
- Can be scaled to kill ubers
- As for most totem builds - your totems die on occasion
Passive tree(s) and Path of BuildingSkill Tree Path of Building Community
|Bandits Quest Choice
|Kill all bandits
Ascendancy skill points
|Skill point choice
|Pursuit of Faith
|Ritual of Awakening
|Conviction of Power
Skill gem setup
Increased Duration Support
Arcane Surge Support
Awakened Elemental Focus Support
Awakened Lightning Penetration Support
Increased Critical Damage Support
Increased Critical Strikes Support
Culling Strike Support
Eternal Blessing Support
Multiple Totems Support
Wave of Conviction
Offhand weapon / shield
Faster Attacks Support
Build uniques / Example rare gearTip: Click on the item to view it on PoE Wiki or to view similar rare items in poe.trade
Viridi’s Veil is the way how we mitigate the downside of Soul Mantle.
To start using Soul Mantle, make sure you have this helm first.
Before you can get this helm, use rare with at least 90 life and high resistances.
Body ArmourSoul Mantle
Soul Mantle is one of the best items totem build can get.
It has a hefty downside that constantly hexes you, so for its mitigation we use Viridi’s Veil.
Before you can get the recommended helm + Soul Mantle combo, use Tabula Rasa.
Look for rare gloves with high life and resistances.
Look for rare boots with 30% movement speed, at least 80 life and high resistances.
When you are in the endgame, look for “Chance to avoid being shocked” on top of the already mentioned mods to create ailment avoidance synergy with Stormshroud jewel.
Left RingMark of The Shaper
Look for Mark of The Shaper, as it’s an amazing offensive ring.
Before you can get it, rare with high life and resistances will do.
Right RingMagic Vermillion or Amethyst Ring with Elder Influence
When you get Viridi’s Veil, you will have to use 1 magic ring in the right slot.
Make sure this ring has Elder influence, otherwise you will lose synergy with Mark of the Shaper.
On this magic Elder-influenced ring look for high life + craft chaos and lightning resistance mod.
Look for rare amulet with +1 to all lightning skill gems, some life, cast speed, global critical strike multiplier.
In the endgame, look for an amulet with +1 to all skill gems and +1 to all lightning skill gems mods in addition to already mentioned ones.
Great belt that synergizes well with the build and allows you to take advantage of Pain Attunement keystone.
It will likely be quite expensive early on, so use Stygian Vise with high life and resistances until you can get it.
When you get it, make sure you already have Viridi’s Veil, so the downside is mitigated.
1Hand WeaponRare Dagger
Initially, look for a dagger with +1 to lightning or physical spell skill gems, at least 70% increased spell damage and some cast speed.
In the endgame, you would want +1 to all spell skill gems and spell crit on top of that.
OffhandRare Shaper-Influenced Shield
On a shield, look for +1 to maximum summoned totems, +1 to all lightning / physical spell skill gems as the main mods.
Life, spell crit, spell damage, resists – all good additional mods to have on top of the core 2.
Build uses 2 cluster jewels, 1 large and 1 medium.
On large, look for Doryani’s Lesson, Scintillating Idea and Thunderstruck mods. On medium one, look for Ancestral Might and Sleepless Sentries.
Build uses a number of unique jewels as well.
1. Self-flagellation – an essential jewel to have right when you transition to Soul Mantle, so get it then.
2. Watcher’s Eye with lightning damage, extra lightning damage based on physical. This jewel is an endgame option that is used to scale the build further, so don’t worry about getting it early.
3. Forbidden Flame & Flesh with Divine Guidance – those are also endgame jewels.
4. Impossible Escape with Magebane keystone – good jewel that unlocks part of the skill tree that is otherwise unreachable, get when you can afford it.
5. Thread of Hope with medium ring. This is a nice upgrade after you get 1 mod watcher’s eye and have your main item setup ready.
6. Stormshroud – defensive jewel that makes you immune to elemental ailments. It’s not cheap, so get it later on.
Until you can get these jewels, use regular rare ones.
On them, look for increased maximum life, spell damage, cast speed, global critical multiplier mods.
Build uses following flasks:
1) Bottled Faith (Endgame)
2) Divine Life flask with bleed removal
3) Mana flask with poison removal
4) Diamond Flask
5) Quicksilver Flask